Monday, July 15, 2013

Feeling great and earning money?

As I sit sipping my SPARK, I am reminded what it was like to be morbidly obese.  Just 6 short years ago, I weighed almost 300 pounds.  I had no energy and was ashamed of my appearance.  I could only shop at Lane Giant or other fat stores.  I was a year into dealing with my Mom's first series of illnesses that have since left her wheelchair bound and in constant pain.  I was also dealing with a horrible marriage.  No support.  No conversation.  No help.

I felt that I had no way out.  I went to the Barix Clinics in Groveport, Ohio on a whim.  Maybe they would cover surgery or help me?  I felt that my weight was my primary problem.  It was one of the best decisions I have ever made!  I worked with them to have my surgery and will celebrate my 6 year surgery-versary on August 30.

After surgery, the weight fell off.  I initially lost 125  pounds and kept it off for the first 5 years.  I hovered around 160 pounds but had no energy.  Also, after the surgery, I decided to distance myself from those that are toxic.  I left my marriage and found the love of my life.  He makes me smile and gives me butterfly's.  I had NEVER had that.  NEVER.

It is amazing how one decision can impact your whole existence.  I am so happy that I took the risk to have gastric bypass surgery.  It set into motion a series of events that have revolutionized my life!

In April of this year, we were introduced to the Advocare System.  I was sold initially.  Products to help me get off of coffee/pop/ and gain energy?  Sign me up!  Since starting on the products, I have lost 19 pounds and am training for my first 1/2 marathon.  I would have never thought it possible 6 short years ago?

What I did not see about Advocare at first was the huge side benefit of helping others and earning extra income for our household.  In our first month of investing in Advocare, we earned over 1200  dollars!!  That paid for our mortgage PLUS!  NO JOKE.

I am a believer.  I am getting healthy.  I am happy.

Love, Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment