Sunday, June 9, 2013

I do not run unless I am being chased. Or do I?

As most of you know, Clay and I are on a health, nutrition and fitness kick.  In an effort to knock some items off of my bucket list, we ran and joined the Columbus Eastside Running Club (CERC), yesterday morning.

For our first run, we met up with a group of 30+ ladies in the beautiful and smelly town of Baltimore, Ohio. We knew that we had to run with the slowest pace group as we have only been running a short while.  While we walked for part of the 3 miles, we finished.  Right now, I think we are focused on running the 1/2 marathon in Columbus in October.  I still have a goal of running a whole marathon, but think I want to aim to finish it in 2014.

So far, with the help of Advocare, each other and our family/friends, we have lost a combined 49 pounds in less than 3 months.  Here are our before and after photos.

We will continue to share our progress with CERC and life.  I will also post if I ever feel the elusive runners high - I have never experienced it. =D

Our next goals?  Planning our wedding.  We are focused on getting married at the beach and then hosting a kick ass celebration when we get home.  Not sure if we will tie the not this year or early next? 

And yes, I am still waiting to hear on the job front.  Fingers crossed that I hear something tomorrow.

Love and Running.  Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment