Sunday, June 30, 2013

Get COM and FEST on!

I have not submitted a blog post for a bit.  The truth is, I have been depressed.  In one day, I fell and sprained my ankle AND found out that I did not get a job that could have transformed our lives. 

Two weeks ago, I started a job to help get me out of the house and pay the bills.  I am serving at an awesome pizza place in Brice called Little Sicily's.  During my second shift, I wiped out and twisted my ankle and bruised my butt.  It was my own fault because I was not paying attention, but it is has caused my running schedule to be stalled.  In hindsight, the fall was a great opportunity to slow down, let my body heal and reflect.  Since the fall, I have had to walk slowly... While it is humbling to serve, it is also incredibly rewarding.  I love connecting with people.  Serving/Restaurant work is the song of my people.  My Mammaw and Pappaw owned restaurants and I remember working there and getting paid under the table from an early age. I loved it.  I still do.

Well, my ankle is no longer a kankle...so, my 1/2 marathon training will resume tomorrow.  10 Miles this week people.  WOOT.

Now onto the job front.  I went down to Cincy a few weeks ago for a full-day interview.  I met with the head of Compliance, General Counsel, the CEO's and 2 VP's from Human Resources.  It was a full VP job with relocation.

I did not get the job.  I was devastated.  The only feedback I received was that they had downgraded the job and did not want to pay relocation.

I allowed myself a week to pout.  I am pouting no more.  See...logic tells me that this was outside of my control.  This wasn't about me.  It is their loss.  My heart makes me re-visit every word I said/didn't say. 

At this point, all I can do is move on.

My positives:
1. I have had 3 interviews with different companies, since.  The right thing WILL HAPPEN.  Let go and let God.
2. I resume my marathon training.
3. I get to interact with the public during my serving shifts.
4. I get to go to COMFEST today!
5. I have maintained my recent 19 pound weightloss.  In the past, I would have used my depression/injury as a reason to eat.  I actually had self control.  

Life is Good.  While it is OK to pout, it is never OK to dwell on the negative. 

Love to you all.  Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment